Saturday, November 25, 2017

I Join JoJo Whizzer and Snipper as they make their way to Pine Cay

Hi All, There are a few dark clouds and occasional thunder booms in the distance. I'm good with that because the sea is flat! Spy Hop glides along while I strain my eyes hoping to see a dorsal. As we get to Grace Point, I see dorsals cruising over the reefs fairly far from shore. As Spy Hop motors over I slip into my fins and grab my camera. I can now get in the water with all my equipment faster than any human if there is a dolphin involved! JoJo, Whizzer and Snipper are making their way toward Pine Cay at a fairly fast clip. They are happy to have me with them but they are on a mission. Only Whizzer separates from the pod long enough to take me over a reef. They really aren't into entertaining tour boats this morning. If a boat approaches they dive deep and stay submerged until the boat passes by. We oblige them by not letting on that we are with dolphins. Once we get to Pine Cay everything changes. JoJo hears the Parrot Cay water taxi and surfaces so they notice him. The boat turns around so the tourists can ooh and ahh. JoJo falls in behind their boat and the Captain revs up the motor making a huge wake. JoJo and one if not both of the other dolphins start rocketing out of the big wake wave. The are spinning and flipping as they fly through the air! Rapid fire leaping! Whoa, JoJo you are the man! After the taxi leaves they all settle down and I get in hoping for some tame swimming! I am getting good video of JoJo sonaring. You will see him swing his head back and forth as the beams of sound leave his melon, find a target and return through his lower jaw giving him a three dimensional picture of what's ahead of him. I am hoping he's looking for Lemon Lips, Whizzers older brother. Instead he finds Whizzer and Snipper who had gone off on their own. More boats arrive and we are now close to Fort George where the water is very shallow and amazingly clear. I get in with Whizzer and Snipper. They go close to the boats but then veer away taking me with them. I get a nice long swim with them before they head off. All three dolphins go in a different direction. Whizzer is off on his own JoJo and Snipper come together again and head back toward Grace Bay. We loose sight of Whizzer and head for home only to have JoJo come join us!

Under The Sea with Whizzer JoJo and Snipper from Jay Sargent on Vimeo.

JoJo the Bottlenose dolphin sonars s we swim along. from Jay Sargent on Vimeo.

Whizzer and Snipper include Me from Jay Sargent on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment