Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Play Date With Whizzer

Hi All, We are heading back from our first pass down the coast. John stops Spy Hop to make a phone call. As I'm looking around, I hear a "pfft" my favorite noise! Right behind our boat is Whizzer and Snipper. Were they in our wake like JoJo? Did they just swim up to visit? In any case I'm going in to join them! It's hard to express how cool it is to have these guys come to the boat because they want me in with them. Whizzer is swimming all over then coming up to visit. He then flips over and does some loud tail slaps. Zoom off he goes. Now he's crater fishing for a little breakfast. He really burrows his rostrum way into the sand before he comes up with a fish. He surfaces, starts throwing it backwards over his head then flips over after it. A few tosses later he eats it. They always make sure their fish go down head first so the scales and fins are easier to swallow. Zoom, off he goes to find Snipper. I climb in Spy Hop and start looking around. He's in a playful mood and I don't want to loose sight of him. He comes up near our boat swims upside down and gets in the bow wave. What a ham! Later, we find them at Leeward. Whizzer is sporting some dolphin "jewelry". He has seaweed on his left pec. It drops off after he shows it off. He then has it in his mouth but not for long. Its now on his fluke! He stops worrying about accessorizing when he notices a ballon fish. Whizzer and Snipper take turns following and poking the fish much like they are playing dolphin soccer much to he horror of the ballon fish! Whizzer is now playing with his jewelry again tossing it around then placing it on his pec. As he swims off, I notice a large ray lying half covered in the sand. I hope you can watch this on a computer so you can really see the dolphin jewelry.

Whizzer's play date from Jay Sargent on Vimeo.

Whizzer the playful bottle-nose lets me into his world from Jay Sargent on Vimeo.

Whizzer is sporting his jewelry on his fluke when he appears to drop it for me. I pick it up and He watches. Clearly it looks better on him!

Whizzer and I check out Dolphin Jewelry from Jay Sargent on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment