Thursday, November 30, 2017

I accompany JoJo Whizzer and Snipper for most of the Day

Hi All, As we leave the marina the osprey is flying over head with a huge mass of seaweed. It's so heavy he's not getting much altitude. He flies onto his nest and I picture his wife saying nice coach honey! After passing the remains of the docks destroyed in the hurricanes, I give Scotty and his wife a wave. Scotty drives his jeep to the channel edge every morning pulls up a chair opens up a beer and enjoys life in paradise. After two passes down the coast, we start toward Pine Cay where I hope to see a friend from home who is staying at the Meridian Club. Not to be! I notice Atybera is circling slowly, sure sign of a dolphin spotting. We motor up and I see JoJo, Whizzer and Snipper. I get in and spend a long time swimming around the sail boat with all three. The water is very murky. I think JoJo likes that; all the better to sneak up on me! After the dolphin show ends and the boats that have moved off, I get them all to myself. We leisurely travel all the way to Ocean club then head out toward the reef where finally the water is clear. My cheeky friend Whizzer swims up to me turns upside down and splashes me with his fluke. There's a lot of flipper footsie and stroking. They are more into traveling then playing. Although it looks like they're traveling at a leisurely pace, it's fairly fast for me. I get in the boat so I won't get left behind or wear out my scooter. They travel along for 45 minutes towards Grace Point then suddenly turn right towards the boat and wait for me to get in. They then travel slow enough for me to stay with them. How lucky am I!!

Me and My Boys from Jay Sargent on Vimeo.

We swim along and I see JoJo look to his left and there is a huge bait ball. We are going right through the middle of it. There are fish streaming by on both sides of us. I find it interesting that none of the dolphins are interested. Apparently they either aren't hungry or don't fancy these fish. We have now been with them since early morning and are approaching Leeward. My scooter is out of battery, my cameras are acting up and I don't think I can swim another stroke. Time to head home!

The three Boys come to take me along; we encounter a bait ball from Jay Sargent on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment