Sunday, November 26, 2017

JoJo the Jokestar

Hi All, The weather calls for rain but the sky is a brilliant blue and the water a drop dead gorgeous turquoise. A few terns fly over head as they start their morning hunt for fish. A good sized turtle surfacing right near our boat takes one look at us and floats back down out of sight. We don't find the dolphins until afternoon. They are entertaining two boats. JoJo opts to follow our boat. As he gets in the wake I realize there are two more dolphins with him. I get in and he comes right up with Snipper and Whizzer right behind him. After a nice swim with them I climb back in the boat because they are moving along faster than I can keep up. They slow down and I climb in again. The water is now a bit murky and I'm looking all over trying to see a dorsal. When it's murky I look above the surface to try to see where they are. I'm about to give up when JoJo surfaces with a much louder than usual "PFFFT". John has been watching JoJo as he followed right behind me then surfaced with the load PFFFT. I swear I could hear both of them laughing. It is a bit disconcerting that a seven foot dolphin was inches behind me and I had NO CLUE!! Whizzer and Snipper come along to join JoJo and me. Whizzer plays with JoJo and shows off with a few barrel rolls then swims upside down. He then gets cheeky with me. He seems to be swishing his fluke very near my face. If course if he ever wanted to get me he would. I believe if there was anything to worry about JoJo would let me know. They travel down to Leeward Channel where they start to fish in earnest. We decide to head home and leave them to their dinner.

Coming to get Me from Jay Sargent on Vimeo.

JoJo the Jokester from Jay Sargent on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment