Monday, January 23, 2017

I Love The Dolphins and The Dolphins Love ME

Hi all, This is the day I dream of. We have some friends on board who really want to see JoJo. The sun light is sparkling on the beautiful turquoise water, the ospreys are circling over the water - All the signs are looking good for a great day. We hear from a captain that there are whales outside of Leeward. We are on it! We find whales and dolphins!! The whales are surfacing and diving and the water is much murkier than I would have guessed. We aren't able to find them underwater so we decide to find the dolphins. There are six bottlenose dolphins and I get in but again it's really hard to see them. At one moment they all come toward me then sink down into the murky depths. We decide to leave the whales and dolphins to look for the dolphins that are inside the reef. After going up and down the coast a few times I suggest one more trip up to Pine Cay. A boat has slowed down right outside the Meridian Club. They signal that there are four dolphins:) I can't wait to climb in wondering who besides Bo and Whizzer is there! JoJo comes right up followed by Whizzer(my boys!) Bo and Lemon Lips aren't far behind! I'm beyond happy to see them all. They appear to feel the same way as they include me in their pod formation. Every now and again Whizzer comes up to play. He whirls around sometimes upside down, sometimes lifting his head way out of the water. JoJo plays a lot of flipper footsie with Whizzer. I have explained to our friends that if JoJo is alone they can swim with him all they want but if the others are there, they shouldn't get in. Some other boats are coming up. The boats tried letting people in the water. Every time they do, the dolphins swim away, just out of their sight. They always come for me if I got left behind. I have been swimming with JoJo for 18 years and Bo and her calves for almost as long. They totally trust me and want me to join them. I have earned it if I do say so! I got to swim with them until I ran out of energy. They hovered around when I got out then slowly went on their way. I am the luckiest person alive! In the first video JoJo comes up then Whizzer. The water is murky and its all a bit confusing as they all come around to greet me. We settle down in more structure to our formation (except Whizzer!) Bo is usually farthest away. JoJo has the cut on his melon(head). Lemon Lips has slight snip out of the right side his fluke and throws up some unwanted fish! I'm in between JoJo and Lemon Lips most of the time. There is a lot of flipper footsie.

I Love The Dolphins and The Dolphins Love ME from Jay Sargent on Vimeo.

In the second video Whizzer is swimming in front of me and I don't see JoJo who is right behind me. I stop short and JoJo almost collides with me then looks at me like "A little warning please". Whizzer then shows off for me and the crowd. I'm giggling because he cracks me up!

Whizzer Showing Off from Jay Sargent on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment