Thursday, February 23, 2017

Such A happy Dolphin!

Hi All, Both ospreys are in their nest as we leave the marina. That I hope is a good sign however the wind is pretty strong as we go out the channel. It's wavy and windy out front. We go up and down past the resorts then out past the reef. The water is fairly rough everywhere. The color by Beaches is a magnificent turquoise as always. We go for a quick snorkel. After another look past the reef there is a big bank of clouds heading our way. John decides to make one more trip to Pine Cay. As we get opposite the Meridian Club, John sees a dorsal! Kristen only spends about ten days a year here and she's thrilled to hopefully get another swim with the dolphins! Bo and Whizzer turn toward Spy Hop. JoJo isn't there so we will see if they'll swim with Kristen without his help. I believe they will because we spent so long with them the other day. Bo also swam beside her for a little bit. ITs murky and the visibility is very bad. They will have to stay near me for me to see them-no problem there! Whizzer is all about playing. I lose sight of them and they come back to find me. The tour boats start seeing the activity. They are looking for something to show the tourists because the weather has curtailed their usual activities. Pretty soon there are about seven boats circling us. Bo goes down and blows a big warning bubble. Does she wish they'd back off? Was she warning whizzer and I to be careful? Some of these captains come so close that when they leave the propellor creates so many bubbles I can't see where the dolphins are. Whizzer spy hops to see where I am. The dolphins, come back and circle me. Whizzer dives deep and brings up some weed on his rostrum. He blows some big bubbles aimed at me! He starts diving deep then racing up toward me then porpoising way out of the water! The boats have now left they missed the last show!

My Happy Little Friend Whizzer from Jay Sargent on Vimeo.

I invite Kristen in now that the tour boats have gone. Whizzer wants to follow her around to check her out! He comes back to me and starts to play and display! Down he goes he's found something intriguing on the bottom. He comes to the surface with a sand dollar in his mouth! He drops it, I grab it and give it back! What fun he's having with all the toys nature is providing! I am now freezing and a bit nauseous from looking into the murky water. I start to leave the dolphins and Kristen to go back to the boat. The dolphins change direction to follow me. All I can think about is how I will miss them when I have to go home. Sand dollar video to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment