Sunday, August 1, 2021

Our last day on the Island

Hi All, The Discovery people have left with all their gear. We get one day to ourselves before heading home. We invite our friends, Robin, Abby and Suz out on the boat. John is adament that we don't stay out long. I had a rough night in dialysis and got home late. The dialysis center insisted I don't go out in the sun (oh well). We tour around looking for dorsals. I'm just taking in the gorgeous water, the sun, the view. There is nothing like this color anywhere. The thought of the cold dark water in New England is troublesome. Just as we get back to Leeward, we see some boats clustered together and there are Bo and Scooter. I get in and Scooter comes right up happy to see me. She's playing with a stick on the bottem just like a dog would play with a stick. She then picks up some seaweed in her mouth and swims around with it. Her dolphin jewelry. She wants me to see it. I invite the girls in to swim with her and Bo. My friends are so excited to see them up close. They are so beautiful.They are over the top excited to get the opportunity to swim with a mother and calf and be so close to them. Scooter in the mean time has found my flipper of interest. She's biting at it. I'm very surprised because no dolphin has ever even tried to touch me. John is wondering if he wanted to hold my flipper like we see the calves holding their mom's pecs in their mouths. I wish I could stay longer and play with her. I would have footage of all this but we had another camera clitch. It takes us awhile to get it all right! Boat, cameras, dolphins and scooters all working at the same time:) We hope to come back for Thanksgiving. I hope Scooter will still be with Bo. I hope more than anything JoJo will be ok! Next time I write a blog it will be to tell you how to watch the episode on Discovery Channel!!!

1 comment:

  1. So exciting! Hope you're feeling ok! Just love following you here!
    xo
    Gretchen

    ReplyDelete