Sunday, November 15, 2015

JoJo has Sustained an Injury in his Mouth

Hi All,
Yesterday, I noticed JoJo kept opening his mouth which is not his normal behavior. Today, he seemed much more agitated and opened his mouth way more. At one point, he came up to me clicking loudly, opened his mouth and kept it open for me to inspect. Honestly, not being a vet, all I could see was a lot of perfectly spaced teeth! The best I could do was to send pictures of JoJo's mouth to the vet on the island. He has insured me that things didn't look bad and told me to keep monitoring it. Here is a video of JoJo showing me his sore mouth https://vimeo.com/145750862

On a lighter note, JoJo is once again helping with calf sitting duties. This is not normal male dolphin behavior but JoJo is no normal dolphin! Enjoy this video of JoJo and Whizzer.


No comments:

Post a Comment