Friday, February 16, 2018

JoJo Day three of Punture wound

Hi All, Finally the wind is slightly down and the water is quieter as we pass out between the channel markers. We drop the hydrophone in and hear whales in the distance. Today, Melanie, our guest, has to fly out and only has until mid-morning before heading to the airport. I'm thinking the water's good, lets scout around more for whales. If we travel inside the reef, I'm worried we will find dolphins and have to leave them to drop Melanie off on the beach. Note to friends - it's all about the dolphins! We travel outside the reef to Pine Cay and back to Sellers Cut - no whales. After coming back inside the reef we drop Melanie off in front of Ocean Club. We find JoJo 5 minutes after we drop her off. I was right! He's right at Leeward entertaining a few boats. He joins us wanting a ride to Pine Cay with a few stops to check out other boats along the way! I really want to swim with him to check his puncture wound hoping the swelling from the infecion is the same or less. I get the chance at the end of Pine Cay where he branches off. Once in the water I try desperately to swim under him and look up at his wound. I dive, hit the bottom and run my scooter right into the sand, OOPS. JoJo looks at me like "you really are an oaf in the water"! My scooter shuts down briefly but starts right up. The things I do for this dolphin! I think the punture wound looks about the same. JoJo hangs out for a short time then of course wants a ride back down the coast. I drag beside him for a while behind the boat then climb in and we take him back. I mention to John that I have a lot of things to do at the condo and maybe he'll branch off so he leaves us instead of us leaving him. I try calling Mark to see if he's in the area and has people on board that want to see JoJo. Mark's at the far end of Pine Cay and will head toward us. We are now in front of 7 Stars and JoJo decides to go check out a reef. We head in to take care of business and leave him hoping Mark will find him.

JoJo punture wound third Day from Jay Sargent on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment