Sunday, February 18, 2018

JoJo, Snipper and a Dolphin Waggle Dance!

Hi All, After yesterday, we are happy to be heading out toward Grace Bay. The ospreys are sitting in their messy nest. They have added a red plastic wrapper to the twigs. We make a half-hearted attempt to see whales but decide we really want to see how JoJo's wounds are doing. On our way back from Beaches, Snipper and JoJo head toward Spy Hop. I get in and Snipper and I hang out as JoJo goes off to entertain a tour boat. They come back together and play a little flipper footsie before JoJo and I go to play bang The buoy.

Snipper and JoJo my two dolphin friends . from Jay Sargent on Vimeo.

JoJo clicks loudly as I run my scooter into the buoy. Then I start swerving back and forth with the scooter. Jojo joins in looking like he's doing a waggle dance! After we exhaust the game, JoJo opens his mouth and comes close to me. I think his mouth is sore and he wants to show me. I wonder if it's hard for him to open his mouth more at the moment. This isn't the first time he's shown me an injury. The yellow strands from the other day are gone. I think this means the infection has cleared up some from the cuts on the underside of his rostrum. The punture has clearly broken open and there isn't any more swelling. The white stuff is called fibrin connective tissue. It is a healthy sign of healing. I imagine it's still sore but hopefully he will be able to fish soon. I swim toward Spy Hop figuring JoJo may want a ride to Snipper who wasn't interested in bang the buoy and has headed toward Beaches. JoJo wants to take an Uber ride toward Pine Cay. Where he branches and we leave him.

Waggle Dance from Jay Sargent on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment