Sunday, January 14, 2018

JoJo, Snipper and Whizzer

Hi All, After listening to the Patriots game in Foxboro where it was 6 degrees, we are so happy to be back on island looking for dorsals in the gorgeous tourquiose water. Don't think for a moment I take it for granted! My brother is on board. He is joining us for a week to get out of the cold. My brother actually named Lemon Lips. He was in our last boat, Catch Ride about 7 years ago when JoJo introduced me to Bo and her then young calf Lemon Lips. I told Bill he had really Yellow Lips and I was starting to call him Yellow Lips when Billy suggested Lemon Lips and it stuck. He is Whizzer's older brother. We have eaten lunch and are motoring around Pine Cay when I see three dorsals. It is very murky making for difficult footage. They seem happy to have me join them but there isn't much interaction. They are on the move. The dolphins seem to like having our boat accompany them as they moved slowly down the coast toward Leeward. I get in and swim with them off and on as they make their way. They check out a few boats but always come back to Spy Hop.

JoJo Whizzer and Snipper from Jay Sargent on Vimeo.

The water gets a little clearer as we get close to Leeward and I get in again. JoJo sonars my new camera. I am sure he has seen many, many cameras but this one is a brandy new model and he is still very interested. Whizzer has gone off to fish and Snipper is interacting with JoJo, the first time on the journey from Pine Cay. It was always Whizzer and Snipper staying very close together. Now, with Whizzer fishing, it's JoJo and Snipper interacting with lots of stoking.

JoJo and Snipper from Jay Sargent on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment